BCIT (Bus Characterization and Integrity Toolset)
- End-to-end test of MIL-STD-1553 data networks using a single tool.
- Save time and money on diagnosis and repair by locating problems within the system faster and more precisely.
- Portable, rugged unit is ideal for flightline and field use.
- Easy to set-up and use Windows® based software.
- Quickly find cabling and wiring faults to within six inches.
- Data cataloging provides comparative historical analysis.
Semi-Rugged BCIT Model
- This all-in-one, dynamic test instrument can troubleshoot cables, diagnose bus health, and monitor bus performance.Bus characterization testing provides data bus health monitoring for protocol errors, loading, status exceptions, and terminal response for up to four dual redundant MIL-STD-1553 buses. This feature helps users capture faults that impact bus protocol; such as faulty stubs or terminals. The display is graphical and can be re-configured by the user.
- Cable Fault Locator and Isolation provides electrical analysis of cable networks through a high performance Time Domain Reflectometer (TDR). The TDR allows technicians to analyze MIL-STD-1553 cabling to locate opens, shorts, and faulty shields and couplers within +/- 3 inches of the fault location for cables of up to 1,000 feet long. The TDR feature provides a “Trigger on Anomaly” mode that helps find intermittent faults easily by capturing data only when an anomaly occurs, such as when a cable is “jiggled” or bent.
Bus Monitor Features:
Bus Controller Features:
BCIT Ruggedized Unit