For study of the strains, stresses,forces and deflections in various pin-jointed frameworks.
- The apparatus enables students to assemble two pin-jointed frameworks (warren and basic roof truss) to measure the strains (hence stresses) and joint deflections. Each member of the framework can be easily interconnected with each other by use of simple joints that are designed to create a truly pin joint.
- The frameworks mount onto two end supports. One support has a pivoting arrangement whilst the other has pivoting and rolling arrangement. The loads on the framework are applied at known joints by using the screwjack loading mechanism supplied. Each framework member has a strain gauge arrangement attached. The signal from the loading mechanism and strain gauges is fed directly into the HDA200 Interface (sold separately).
- To measure the deflection at known joints a dial gauge is mounted on an extendable arm which can be rotated onto the joint being measured. This arm can be manoeuvred over the joint accurately.
- A comprehensive instruction manual for lecturer and student, giving full details on apparatus assembly and operation as well as example results. All necessary assembly and operational tools are provided.
- Essential accessories: HST1, HDA200