C492 Combustion Laboratory Unit
- Enables studies into many aspects of combustion and burner operation using the optional burners or any suitable commercially available oil or gas burner up to 150 kW.
- The four large observation windows fitted in the frame mounted, water cooled, combustion chamber provide an excellent flame demonstration facility. The full instrumentation and safety features allow supervised student operation over a wide range of air/fuel ratios and different fuels.
- An optional Flue Gas Analyser and Flue Installation Package mean that a complete combustion test facility can be installed in almost any laboratory.
- The Combustion Laboratory Unit is mounted on a frame, allowing easy access to the burner , controls and combustion chamber.
- The package burner starts with an air purge, ignites its appropriate fuel (oil or gas) and automatically sets to a safe firing condition. Combustion air is provided by the integral fan, and a sensor monitors the flame, shutting the fuel valve in the event of flame failure. Air/fuel ratio and fuel firing rate can then be varied by the user.
- Gas from either an LPG cylinder stored outside the building, or from local mains supply, is fed through pipes to the connections on the frame. Oil is supplied from portable tanks provisioned with the oil burner.
- The flame burns within a stainless steel combustion chamber which is water cooled and of sufficient size to prevent flame impingement under normal conditions. Observation windows on the side of the chamber allow the flame to be observed.
- A water cooled gas sampling probe and thermocouple probe allow conditions within the flame to be investigated.
- The unit allows similar locally supplied automatic package burners of up to 150kW to be operated and analysed.